INFO ON ATTENDING A POTLUCK & OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Contact information
- Fees & Discounts
- What to bring, what to wear
- How to get here
Full Moon Potluck, Parties & Volunteer Days
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 248 236 5432 (text, preferably, or message) and include:
- Your name(s)
- TITLE and DATE of the Event
- Your phone number
- City (possible carpooling).
- How to get to Strawbale Studio
Workshops & Internships
Register for all workshops & Internships preferably at Eventbrite.
- Early registration is encouraged. There is usually a 12 – 15 person limit on class size.
- Check on the Eventbrite link for Early Bird Discounts, Bring-a-Friend Discounts and 1/2 Pay Scholarships. See other group discounts and work trade below.
- If you don’t register through Eventbrite you could follow one of the options below:
1) Make a deposit or full pre-payment using either
PayPal, Check, or Money Order.
a) PAYPAL~ Click the Buy Now* button.
* For CLARITY include your name(s), phone, city + the name & date of the event you want to attend, .
*If the button doesn’t work, open your own paypal account & send payment to email@example.com.
or b) a CHECK made out to “Strawbale Studio”
or c) a POSTAL MONEY ORDER Deanne Bednar 248 236 5432
SEND the Check or Money Order to:
Deanne Bednar, 2691 Noble Rd. Oxford, MI 48370
2) Then please send an alert of your registration & payment by email, or phone 248-236 5432 and leave a CLEAR message or a TEXT.
Again, include your name(s), phone, address, and the name and date of the event you want to attend, .
When registering, or mailing in your check / Money Order from the Post Office, please include:
- your name
- your address
- phone & email
- the name of the course you wish to attend, and any details specific to that workshop.
- Please call to see if the course is filled.
- Registration form if you wish to print one out.
- Payment form: Paypal ___ by mail – check ____ , Money Order ____, at the door (cash ___ or check ____)
- 7 days: Attendees can receive refunds up to 7 days before your event start date. See Eventbrite Ticket link for details on cancellation details for each workshop. In some cases the payment can be applied to a future workshop minus 10% processing fee.
Questions, or to Register by Phone
- Early Bird Discounts are indicated on the workshop posting: Payments made in full by the date indicated.
- Bring-a-Friend Discount for each person in the group.
- 1/2 Pay Scholarships available for those who cannot pay the entire class fee.
- Some Worktrade opportunities available
What to bring
- Food: The food situation may vary from class to class, so look at the course description. Options may include
- Food provided in fee ….or
- Bring your own bag lunch
- Food Sharing
In some cases participants will be asked to bring their own bag lunch or a snack to share. For the potlucks, bring something you like. For extended workshops we often do “food sharing” ~ see below.
Food Sharing: Food will be both “provided and shared”. Fees have been kept very low, and scholarships/worktrade provided in some cases. Therefore, we often ask that food & food preparation be something that “we do together”. This has been done for past events, and it works great.
We ask that you contribute by bringing some food toward our common meals. Look around your fridge and pantry, and find something you can share . . . perhaps a bag of apples, some potatoes or vegies, maybe fruit or uncooked grains, granola, peanut butter, beans, etc. Just bring some things, and we will make tasty meals from our common bounty. You might even want to bring the “fixings” for a meal you want to share. We will take turns, in small groups, preparing and cleaning up after the meals. We have done this many times for activities, and it works great. “WorkTrade” folks will also help with meals. If you have something special you want to have for yourself, bring that as well. We have some natural teas & coffee. If you decide to donate anything to the household, that is appreciated but not necessary…such as tea, toilet paper or money! We tend to eat organic food, and styles range from vegarian/vegan to omnivore & carnivore. Generally we eat vegetarian, and if you want some meat, you could bring it with you.
What to Wear :
- Bring work clothes that are comfortable. Gloves are good. We also have some here. Bring outdoor clothes that will allow you to be in nature for an extended amount of time. This might mean an extra sweater, jacket, hat, gloves, rain gear, boots, warm sox, sweat pants, snow pants. Play it by the season. Best to be prepared for possible conditions.
Overnight accommodations are usually available.
- For events at the Strawbale Studio some simple indoor lodging is available (beds & cots) or unlimited camping space outdoors. There may be room in an outdoor cabin. Contact Deanne for arrangements. If you can, bring your own bedding and personal items, towels. Otherwise, these can be provided by Strawbale Studio. We try to provide a non-snoring space for those who need quiet. 🙂 Camping is usually $5, and indoor spaces usually $15. Both include breakfast
- There is a main kitchen with a refrigerator and freezer. There are 3 indoor bathrooms, each with toilet, bath & shower,. Utility room with washing machine & dryer plus outdoor clothes line.