How to register, Fees & Discounts, what to bring, how to get here, contact information, accommodations.
- RSVP by phone ( 248 496 4088) or email (email@example.com)
and include your name, phone number, and your city.
- Early registration is encouraged. RSVP is necessary for all participants.
- Call to see if there are openings in the workshop before sending payment.
- Workshops may fill ahead of time, so make a deposit or full payment to assure that you have a place in the workshop.
- Most workshops have Early Bird Discounts for payment in full by a specific date.
- See other group discounts and work trade below.
To register for a workshop
1) Make a deposit or full pre-payment using either
PayPal, Check, or Money Order.
a) PAYPAL~ Currently there is an issue with the paypal button. You can open your own paypal account and send the payment to firstname.lastname@example.org . For CLARITY include your name(s), phone, city and the name and date of the event you want to attend, .
or b) a CHECK made out to “Strawbale Studio”
or c) a POSTAL MONEY ORDER to “Deanne Bednar (248 628 1887)
SEND the Check or Money Order to:
Deanne Bednar, 2691 Noble Rd. Oxford, MI 48370
2) Then please send an alert of your registration & payment by email, or phone 248-236 5432 and leave a CLEAR message or a TEXT.
Again, include your name(s), phone, address, and the name and date of the event you want to attend, .
When registering, or mailing in your check / Money Order from the Post Office, please include:
- your name
- your address
- phone & email
- the name of the course you wish to attend, and any details specific to that workshop.
- Please call to see if the course is filled.
- Registration form if you wish to print one out.
- Payment form: Paypal ___ by mail – check ____ , Money Order ____, at the door (cash ___ or check ____)
- If made up to 1 week before the workshop can be refunded as credit for future activities in the next year, minus a 10% processing fee.
Questions, or to Register by Phone
- Google voice number 1 248 236 5432 Cell: 1-248 496 4088 Leave a message or TEXT with your name, phone & details.
- Email: email@example.com
- Early Bird Discounts are indicated on the workshop posting: Payments made in full by the date indicated.
- 10% Bring-a-Friend Discount (cumulative)
- Scholarship / Worktrade is available for those who cannot pay the entire class fee. Worktrade details & available dates.
What to bring
- Food: The food situation may vary from class to class, so look at the course description. In general,
In some cases participants will be asked to bring their own bag lunch or a snack to share. For the potlucks, bring something you like. For extended workshops we often do “food sharing” ~ see below.
Food Sharing: Food will be both “provided and shared”. Fees have been kept very low, and scholarships/worktrade provided in some cases. Therefore, we often ask that food & food preparation be something that “we do together”. This has been done for past events, and it works great.
We ask that you contribute by bringing some food toward our common meals. Look around your fridge and pantry, and find something you can share . . . perhaps a bag of apples, some potatoes or vegies, maybe fruit or uncooked grains, granola, peanut butter, beans, etc. Just bring some things, and we will make tasty meals from our common bounty. You might even want to bring the “fixings” for a meal you want to share. We will take turns, in small groups, preparing and cleaning up after the meals. We have done this many times for activities, and it works great. “WorkTrade” folks will also help with meals. If you have something special you want to have for yourself, bring that as well. We have some natural teas & coffee. If you decide to donate anything to the household, that is appreciated but not necessary…such as tea, toilet paper or money! We tend to eat organic food, and styles range from vegarian/vegan to omnivore & carnivore. Generally we eat vegetarian, and if you want some meat, you could bring it with you.
- Clothing: Bring work clothes that are comfortable. Gloves are good. We also have some here. Bring outdoor clothes that will allow you to be in nature for an extended amount of time. This might mean an extra sweater, jacket, hat, gloves, rain gear, boots, warm sox, sweat pants, snow pants. Play it by the season. Best to be prepared for possible conditions.
- Overnight accommodations are usually available. For events at the Strawbale Studio some simple indoor lodging is available (beds & cots) or unlimited camping space outdoors. Contact Deanne for arrangements. Bring your own bedding and personal items, towels, if you can. We try to provide a non-snoring space for those who need quiet. 🙂
- Facilities: There is a main kitchen with a refrigerator and freezer. There are 3 indoor bathrooms, each with toilet, bath & shower, washing machine, clothes line & dryer.