This page is under construction 🙂
May 2017 Activity Outline
Week 1 Orientation & Foundations
- Orientation to land, structures, recycling systems, materials, food, worktrade, schedule.
- Materials Continuum
- Composting & Recycling Systems
- Foundations and Site Design
Planned Activity Dates
- May 5 Friday 1-5p : Volunteer Day ~ Earth Plastering. PM
- May 5 Friday 7:30 -9:30p: Celebration of activities completed. Bonfire or Movie Night.
- May 6, Saturday. Day Off. Deanne to Gaia singing.
- xxxx Flex Day.
Week 2 Framework
Classes: Frames & Notching.
Activities: A-frame, disassemble. Re-lash one. Thatch to paths.
- May 10 Full Moon Potluck and PC Meetup
- May 14, Sunday Foraged Brunch
- May 15 Alpaca. Tree Top Lodge, Oxford MI
- May 17 Baker College. Earth Plaster together.
- May 28 Family Adventure Day. Redo log loft ladder, Make a small one as individuals.
- Video: Building Codes for a Small Planet, Mud, Hands, a House, Ben Law, Round Pole. Alone in the Wilderness.
- Strawbale Studio. Surrounds and Earth Plaster maintenance. Interior ceiling. Wood Pile to Bio Char Pit.
- Grounds: Lane saftey with poles and metal.
- Repair of Buried Boat Root Cellar.
- Stone Kiva
- Soak Mushrooms.
- KENSINGTON – mason bees. Interior art. Stay At Debbies or GREEN LAKE. aaron. Madison, fund project. https://www.periodliving.co.uk/advice/maintaining-exterior-walls/ water glass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mx1-o1_MWo&t=117s coffee can forge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIRTcmR6sSk
Biochar class with Jared.