March Activities List. ~ under construction. Yet to come, pictures and narrative.
Office & Organization
- Site and Buildings ~ organizing goals with Jared Bogdonov-Hannah
- Taxes ~ Deanne dorks with accountant and tax person.
- Data Entry
- buy and replace fluorescent tubes in utility room and west wing closet
- buy and replace LED bulbs in East Wing main room (Cassidy)
- Wash windows and screens in East Wing
- East Wing, dust, sweep, bathroom, clean.
- Start repair of Buried Boat Root Cellar.
- Chain Saw safety gear kit
- light bulbs
- to land, structures, recycling systems, materials, food, worktrade, schedule.
- Earth Day ! Helpers: Cassidy, Alice, Peter, Charlie, Pat, Jared, Jug, Johnnie, Sarah.
- Fire up and cook in Traveling Turtle Earth Oven
- Strawbale Climbing Pyramid. Construct, maintain, disassemble.
- Cob Sculpting with kids ~ Ecovillage and free-form
- Prepare materials, Set up, pack up, make kits for next time.
- Full Moon Potluck and Bonfire
- Harvest eggs at East River Farm, meet Les & Elizabeth
- Health: Yoga Class – attend at Hamsa Yoga, Lake Orion. Meet folks from the Potluck. Deanne gets massage from Amy, goes to Chiropractor 🙂
- Permaculture Meetup ~ attend at Gardener Walsh Greenhouse in Pontiac, MI. Learning Session: Seed Starting
- Dimitri from Natures Pace
- Peter from Holland, MI (Cassidy’s friend)
- Emily ( Cassidy’s Aunt)
- Charlie from Ann Arbor, MI ( Alice’s friend)
- Helpers: above + Earth Day folks
- Testing, hand texts, cookie, shake test
- Sift, mix, and apply earth plasters
- Make Cob Bricks, test finish plasters.
- Insta Cob Kit
- Starch Paste for Finish Plasters, Adhesion Coat
- Classroom, Demo, Hands-on, Video
- Harvest Reed from local field. Bundle, bring home, stack, use in demo.
Round Pole Framing
- Classroom, Demo, Hands-on
Sustainable Earth Skills
- Sourdough wraps ~ mix, ferment, cook
- Shiitake Mushrooms ~ soak innoculated logs, harvest, cook!
- Sourdough as a glue for ceramic and other.
- Whittling skills for carving wooden knives and spoons
- Foraging Class for intern and public with Kelly
- Make Soaked Flax Crackers in dehydrator
- Worm Composting ~ process worm tray, removing castings, set up and use.
- Plants: Seedling starts ~ mix soil, water and lights. Hops plants: dig and move to a open-bottom bucket to Hobbit Sauna. Vines will be trained on poles for a Hops Hill.
Classroom Learning Sessions
- Foundations, Site and water.
- Round Pole Framing
- Wall Systems
- Thatching + Vide0
- Materials Continuum
- Video: Building Codes for a Small Planet
Not done / finished
- buried boat root cellar