RSVP is appreciated so we may call if there is a cancellation due to weather or other. RSVP with name, phone number and city. Thanks !
Welcome to the Potluck…
What to expect ….
What to bring ….
Where to go ….
How to RSVP
What date & time each month.
Full Moon Potluck !
Join in celebrating together. By this simple process, we reconnect with the elemental beauty of creation and human community.
This is a great time for folks who haven’t been to the Strawbale Studio to visit, tour, and meet others. There are also the “regulars” – neighbors and friends – who frequently attend. There usually is wide age range and a number of children !
Feel free to bring musical instruments …and share your local economy if you wish: things to sell, your business cards…and such!
While this is a free community event ~ donations are (joyfully) accepted ~ with a goal to provide scholarships to enable 5 low-income individuals to attend a workshop this year !
What to expect:
- 6:00 pm (5p Winter Hours) Meet in the main house.for the GUIDED TOUR the Strawbale Studio buildings & projects (If you prefer,you can browse the resource books, wander the land, or socialize)
- 7:30 pm (Winter 6pish) Potluck meal followed by a Bonfire, or gather around the wood stove fire in the Strawbale Studio, wander the buildings and land.
What to bring:
- Bring food to share. We do a “go around” before the meal, so you can share what you know about your food. There is a wide variety in eating styles. All are welcome. Bring something you enjoy.
- Bring your own plates and utensils if you can.
- Dress for the outdoors, and bring a flashlight if you can!
- Bring your musical instruments you like to play.
- Promote Local Economy …. if you would like. Bring things to sell or barter.
LOST & Found. Let me know its yours. I’ll label and save it. Approximate dates things were found here, starting with most recent: 12/2018 Small 5″ glass bowl, Rain-stick instrument, Black metal Mug with leaf design. 11/18 Purple Bliss Fest Travel Mug. Black leather gloves (Angela’s) 10/18 Two Morocco music shakers. Green, red. 8/11 or so, Ebony salad spoon/fork. Black enamel pot. Round mirror. April 2019 – Red cast iron pot with lid. Pink umbrella.
RSVP appreciated several days in advance if you can. Leave your name & phone number – in case we need to contact you. There have been a few unexpected cancellations due to weather or illness, so the RSVP is useful.
Contact person: RSVP to Deanne at 248 236 5432 (message or text) or email email@example.com. I might not get back with you. Come anyway. The RSVP is to get a sense of numbers…and to call/contact folks if there is some change in plans.
Check on Schedule Changes? Call or check the website to see if there are any changes in the plans, especially if the weather is rough.
Where to go:
- The Strawbale Studio is on wooded rural land in Northern Oakland County, one hour north of Detroit. Details on how to get here.
- PARKING: Please keep ALL LANES OPEN Thanks !
- Regular Parking
Park in first meadow on the right (North Meadow) , or straight back the lane to the next open meadow (South Meadow). Parking at house for drop off, or special needs. Keep all lanes open, so things can flow. Appreciated.
- Special needs parking
Park by house. If you just need to drop off a person or items, please re-park in the North or Mid-Meadow.
- Meet at the main house. Deanne 248 236 5432 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 FULL MOON Schedule
Dates & time: The FULL MOON BONFIRE is held monthly throughout the year at the Strawbale Studio on the date of the full moon. We meet rain or shine, although there may be conditions or situations that prevent this gathering, so please RSVP with your phone number, or check the website if you think there might be a cancellation.
|January 10, 2020
||Friday 5p Tour, 6p Potluck & bonfire
||Moon rise 2:21 p
|February 9, 2020
||Sunday 5p Tour, 6p Potluck & bonfire
|| 2:34 A.M.
|Mar 9, 2020
||Monday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire
||Note: hours are changed 1:47 pm
|April 7, 2020
||Tuesday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire
||10:35 P.M. EDT
|May 7, 2020
||Thursday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire
|Jun 5, 2020
||Friday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire
|Jul 5, 2020
||Sunday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire
|Aug 3, 2020
||Monday 8-10p Zoom Moon
| at 11:58 am
|Sep 2, 2020
||Wednesday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire
||at 1:22 am
|Oct 1, 2020
Oct 31, 2020
Blue Moon (2nd in mo)
|Thursday 6p Tour, 7p Potluck & bonfire
Saturday, 5p Tour, 6p Potluck & bonfire
|Note time change for Oct 31.
|Nov 30, 2020
||Monday 5p Tour, 6p Potluck & bonfire
||at 4:29 am
|Dec 29, 2020
||Tuesday 5p Tour, 6p Potluck & bonfire
|| at 10:28 pm
* Have you ever wondered why full Moons were given these names?
Learn more about full moon names and get the fascinating facts behind their meanings!
Interesting Full Moon Information
Future years ! Mark your calendars? 🙂 But check back in to make sure !
||Jan 1 cancelled 🙂
Jan 31 ~ see you then
||no full moon in February ! (2 full moons in January)