- This event has passed.
Woman’s Nature Renewal Weekend
CLASS FILLED. Sept 21 – 23, 2018
- Silent Forest Walks
- Exploring Sense Integration through Mindfulness
- Eco Art Play
- Creating Sacred Space on the Land ~ the Balance of Give & Take
- Catching Stories Around the Fire
- Shifting from Head to Heart thinking
- Creating a Journal of Tools for Nourishment & Renewal
- Opportunity to Bond with the Plant World
- Recognizing Curiosity, Deep Fascination, Awe and Gratitude
- Ways to Increase Compassion and Peacemaking for Self and Others
- Multigenerational Mentoring
Corinne is a self-taught folk herbalist, conscious wildcrafter, rewilding enthusiast, and nature mentor at Hawthorn Wilderness Connection. With a collection of varying trades she embodies an autodidactic lifestyle of Do-It-Yourself, ranging from a tiny cabin project to creating small batch herbal offerings under White Pine Rising. Corinne’s an avid forest dweller who spends much of her time reconnecting and relearning directly from the land. She believes the symbiotic relationships observed in the wild can inspire each of us to appreciate a fulfilling life garnished with great respect and nurturing that enriches our own relationships to self and others. She is passionate about the power of community, healing cultural wounds, and inspiring others to see their own inner gifts.
Deanne has been doing natural building since 1996, and is the coordinator of the Strawbale Studio Natural Building & Sustainable Living Skills program, as well as the illustrator of 3 books on natural building. Her background is art & sustainability teacher at the middle school level, with a Masters in Social Ecology. She studies/practices Compassionate Communication as a way to interface with people and issues. Deanne loves foraging, making things from natural materials, whittling, fermenting, music, creativity, permaculture & play.
Women can be the change we wish to see by strengthening our connection to nature, ourselves and each other!