2018 Programming starts with
The WINTERNSHIP !
A month long live-in program from Jan 7 to Feb 7, 2018 …
includes Room & Board, classroom & hands-on Natural Building & Sustainable Skills + Weekend Workshops for Wintern & Public.
Thatching & Reed Collection Jan 13 & 14.
Round Pole Jan 20+21,
Rocket Stove 27 & 28,
Earth Plaster & Sculpting Feb 3 & 4.
Jan 10 Permaculture Meetup, Jan 31 Full Moon Potluck and Bonfire.
During the week : Natural Building & Sustainability Activities + 2 days off. Classes will cover the basics of natural building: foundations, framing, wall systems, design+. Local Community includes a Full Moon Potluck & Bonfire, monthly Permaculture Meetup, visits to local farms. And throughout, we will explore fermenting, cording, hay-box cooking, and other sustainable fun skills.
- EXPECTATIONS for living and working together. READ OVER – see if it is a fit!
- MORE INFO on the land, regional opportunities, instructors +
- APPLICATION FORM – brief application includes 3 references
- WHAT PAST INTERNS HAVE TO SAY
Check out previous years Winternship ! 2016 Winternship Activities List Winternship 2016: Thatching Winternship 2016: Week 1 2015 Winternship Outline & Schedule Winternship 2015 Blog & Pics Pictures below are from previous years’ adventures.
PARTICIPATION OPTIONS for the Winternship
- Intern = Focus on the Projects. Cost for the month $950 or $850 prepaid 1 month in advance.
- 1/2 Pay Worktrade = 10 hours Worktrade per week toward upkeep (office, grounds, gardens, based on participants skills & needs of Strawbale Studio). The rest of the time, participate in the Internship & all classes. Cost for the month: $475 or $425 prepaid 1 month in advance.BOTH options include lodging and meals, daily activities and weekend classes.