- This event has passed.
Attend all or part of this Skill-Building Weekend.
We will be exploring Earth Ovens, Rocket Stoves & a variety of Composting Systems! Relax and enjoy a tour, hands-on activities, and class learning during this skill-full time. It is joy to be in greater harmony with nature and each other.
Teacher: Deanne Bednar
Handouts will be available online.
Friday Nov. 5, 2021 7p – 10p
BONFIRE Conversation & Crafting.
- Learn the skill of CORDING from local materials.
- Friday Fee $10 size max: 6 individuals. Held in SBS if raining.
Saturday Nov 6, 2021 9:30 – 6p The Fire of Life
AM COMPOSTING SYSTEMS
- TOUR of Buildings & Grounds with a focus on Nutrient Cycling.
- See Indoor and Outdoor Composting System
- Learn about some uses of Biochar, and Compost Heater.
- Worm Composting – we will process the 3 Tier Composter !
- Exploration into other Nutrient Recycling possibilities.
LUNCH – bring your own 🙂
PM EARTH OVEN class, hands-on, and PIZZA making ! Yum.
- Learn Principle of Earth Oven construction and firing
- Find out how to locate and test appropriate earth.
- Mix Cob and construct a ¼ scale model together in a team,
- or make your own small model to take home
- We will fire up the big Earth Oven & make our own Pizza!
Saturday Course Fee: $40 + Supply Fee: $10 Class size max: 6 students.
(prices kept low, contribute more if you can/wish.)
Sunday Nov 7, 2021 9:30a to 4p – $40 6 student limit. (prices kept low, contribute more if you can/wish.)
AM ROCKET STOVE Class & hands-on.
- Learn the principles of Rocket Stove construction & saftey.
- Fire up the Rocket Stove heated bench,
- Cook Lunch Soup on an Outdoor Rocket Cooker.
- Check out how a Rumford Fireplace works.
- Hands-on mock up of the brick Combustion Unit of a Rocket Stove.
As time permits on Sunday: Foraging on the land,, Wood splinting techniques.
Sunday Fee $40 6 student max. (prices low, you’re invited to contribute more.
THINGS TO BRING 🙂
- Water bottle,
- A mask for indoor time. (We will follow current Covid protocol: currently ~ social distancing outdoors, and masks & distancing indoors.)
- Notebook & camera if you wish.
- Saturday: Bring your own lunch
- If you can, bring Items to add to the Saturday evening Pizza
- (volunteers to make pizza or sauce?)
- Sunday – Optional – Items to add to a Soup cooked on the Outdoor Rocket Cooker for our lunch.
REGISTER AND MAKE PAYMENTS AT EVENTBRITE
You can also click on any of the above Fee links, which will take you to the same registration site.
CONTACT PERSON: Deanne Bednar 248 496 4088 text is great. Message is ok. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply