- This event has passed.
ENJOY Beeswax candle dipping + crafting natural holiday gifts! This re-occurring craft class is offered on Nov 19, Dec 3, Dec 4 & Dec 10.
CANDLE-MAKING & NATURAL HOLIDAY GIFTS
Settle in . . . relax and enjoy the aroma and rhythm of Candle dipping ~ with wax made by local bees. Receive the gift of warmth for yourself, and you may want to invite a family member or friend to join you in this experience
$30 class + 10 materials fee = $40
Also enjoy creating Earthen Candle Holders & decorative Match Boxes from all local and natural materials. The activities will be held in the cozy kitchen of the main house.
Although all materials are provided you might want to bring some things from nature or harvest them at the Strawbale Studio.
Dip 6 taper candles, and if you wish sculpt candle holders and decorate match boxes to take home. There will be a variety of natural materials from the land that you can use to decorate your projects. You can also collect some ahead of time as well, which is FUN ! (bark, stones, leaves, etc.)
If you wish, you can check out the Strawbale Studio during our snack break or after class.
You can also register for the 2 hour Learning tour from 10a -12p that day, if you would like to find out more details about the natural buildings and ask questions! $20 ~ see strawbalestudio.org/events
Candle-making WHAT TO BRING:
- Wear comfortable old clothes. Wax may get on them.
- You might want to gather some nature items ahead of time to use as decoration.
- You can bring a snack for yourself or to share. Hot water and tea will be provided.
- You can receive a refund if you feel ill before the event, and stay home.
- You might want to photograph the Strawbale Studio or such.
- Strawbale Studio land is 1 hour north of Detroit. 2691 Noble Rd. Oxford, MI 48370. It is at a private residence. Park in the front parking meadow on the right. If the lot is full continue straight ahead and park in the field. Walk to the house and read the sign which will direct you further.
If you have further questions contact Deanne by text or phone 248 496 4088 or email email@example.com.
See you there, Deanne
CANDLE – MAKING Workshop Schedule
12:30 – 1:00 pm ARRIVE & SIGN IN – tea & coffee
1:00 -3:00 CANDLE MAKING session. All Materials provided.
3:00– 3:15 Break – Check out the Strawbale Studio & grounds.
3:15 – 4:45p CANDLESTICK HOLDER / Decorate MATCHBOX .
4:45p – 5:00p Any Burning Questions & Closing.