- This event has passed.
Create useful heat efficiently from local materials !
Tour the buildings & Stoves on site, Hands-on: mockup of combustion unit, mixing cob & finish plaster, make a model of an Earth Oven and a Rocket Cooker. Principles of construction, code. Bring a bag lunch.
Also experience a Rumford Fireplace, Rocket Stove Cooker, and see Hay Box, Solar Oven and Earth Oven!
Saturday, January 25th 9:30a -5p
- Principles of Rocket Stove and Fire.
- Evolution of the use of fire
- Fire up Fire Devices on-sit e! Rocket Stove Mass Heater, Rocket Stove Cooker, Earth Oven, Rumford Fireplace.
- Mock-up of the Rocket Stove Combustion Unit, Outdoor, hands-on construction & firing.
- Make a Cob Block and see an Earth Plaster demo.
Sunday, January 26th 9:30a – 5p
- Lecture Class / Q&A : Design & Building principles of a basic Earth Oven
- Hands-on,: Construct the basic dome of a 1/2 scale oven as a team,
- Cob Making: Learn to identify earth, mix and apply a “Cob” mix.
- Demo of the insulation layer.
- Earth Oven – Fire it up and BAKE PIZZA for Lunch. at 1p.
- $125 for both days prepaid 2 wks in advance, or $150 after if there is room.
- $20 “Bring-a-Friend” Discount for each person
- Some 1/2 Pay Scholarships available.
- Option: Attend Saturday or Sunday only: $80/$90 per day.
- Fee Includes a copy of the new edition of the Rocket Mass Heater Book and online handouts. (Or a copy of the Earth Oven book by Kiko Denzer).
- Overnight Option: Supper, overnight accommodations & breakfast just $15 extra.
Limited to 12 participants.
REGISTRATION – click here for tickets !