Join us for April 29th Potluck & Bonfire, on a Sunday ! Note – we are starting a little later, because the days are longer…. 6p Tour of thatched building & grounds & 7p ‘ish Potluck & Bonfire ! Join us for a cozy evening – in the Strawbale Studio, outside & around the bonfire, or in the main house. For more information, check out our Full Moon Potluck INFO page! RSVP with name & phone number ?
Saturday, May 19th from 2:00 – 7:00PM. Enjoy a day learning about and HARVESTING wild plants and mushrooms on the land…then co-create a meal with them. Some can be salad, and tea, while others can be added to a pizza as toppings, or cooked up with eggs in a wrap. We plan to fire up the Earth Oven for the pizza, and eat around the bonfire, based on the weather. Totally fun ?There are also plants on the land. $45 before May 14/ $55 after/ Group Discounts
Kelly Thiede and Dryads Saddle at Strawbale Studio 2017 Sunday, May 20 from 1:00 – 5:00PM. Enjoy roaming the land, finding lots of edible and medicinal things that are growing in this springtime! Learn about some of the uses, taste test them, and dig up and take some plants home if you wish, where there is abundance. Bring some plastic bags/containers/shovel if you would like to do that, or we have some here. This class also includes a demonstration of… $35 before May 15/ $45 after/ Group Discounts.
- 3/3/18 Kum Saien engineer from India, Robert O’neil learning farming at 3 Roods Farm, Columbiaville, MI visited with Robin Mallor who will be hosting some natural building at the farm in 2018.
- 3/24/18 Patrick Lough,visits and overnight. Apprentice at Cob Cottage Co. in Oregon, connected with Aquillin of the Community Farm of Ann Arbor.
- 3/30/18 Samad Ansari, past Intern visits and talks about the future.
- 4/9/18 Janice Fiako and Rick Feldman visit re Green Lake cottage, and Tour Strawbale Studio.
- 4/10/18 Vikas & Deepka Alaik who attended several Winternship weekends, visit before their return to India to do natural building in the southern mountains there next to a Spiritual Retreat Center http://www.karunadham.org.in/
- 4/11/18 Janice Means her husba, LTU architecht professor, Joe Oberhauser and student Cody Hanson visit, tour and discuss natural building. Cody designed a Pas Evolutionary Education sive House where his parents live near Traverse City, MI.
- 4/14/18 Kelly Theide, Certified Michigan Mushroom Harvester, visits and we plan our upcoming Foraging Classes, where she will be co-teaching.
Evolutionary Education April 4&6, 2018
Deanne attends part of the Upland Hills School / Trim Tab Series on Evolutionary Education at the Benedictine Seminary Retreat Center outside Oxford, MI. Past Strawbale Studio Intern, who is also studying Non-Violent Communication, Dougg Reith attended.
Gaia Singing Circle April 5, 2018
Deanne attends..singing, harmonizing, learning.
Compassion Course Online
Compassion Course Online 2018. With Thom Bond, Founder and Director of Education, NYCNVC. Registration is now open! The course begins on June 20th, 2018. Registration closes on June 19th. This is a one-year course that will end in June 2019. “For anyone who is inspired to have more compassion, understanding …
Leave a Reply