Hope you can come have fun & learn at Strawbale Studio!
Joyfully reweaving people and nature:) Welcome to the Weave !
Activities … UPdates … Eco-Inspiration
Click links for details or go to Strawbalestudio.org
Strawbale Studio location: 2691 Noble Rd. Oxford, MI 248 236 5432
June, July, August & Sept.Internships and Worktrade.
June 9 Full Moon potluck Free community/family event.
Friday 6p tour 6p tour 7p food. RSVP
Friday 6p tour 6p tour 7p food. RSVP
June 17 EARTH OVEN workshop. New Listing! Saturday @ Strawbale Studio
July 1-9 SKILL-BUILDER 9 day Natural Building Intensive.
July 9 Full Moon potluck Free community/family event.
Sunday 6p tour 6p tour 7p food. RSVP
July 29 Biochar class & demo at SBS
Instructors Karl & Gaylin Kaufman of MI Ecovillage movement.
Register for classes now ! Limited class sizes.
Fabulous May Interns learned and helped with numerous projects. Alex, Archer and Andy (the “A TEAM”) was joined mid-month by Madi, and many things were moved forward at Strawbale Studio. Check out the new BOAT LAUNCH area next time you are on the land. Soon it will be posted on our blog for details & pics.
StrawbaleStudio.org has a new face ! Intern Archer, professional web designer has transferred the website to a different program with a more user-friendly appearance and functionality !
GOOD NEWS & Eco-Inspiration
- Consider joining the Compassion Course this year ! Register by June 21st !
Effective & inspiring communication skills. Effective communication is at the heart of all decisions and practices in our lives and on the planet. This program is based on a weekly email you can read in 15 min which includes a “story” and a “practice”. Our group really loved last years program by Thom Bond and we are all signing up for it again ! Profound.
- Lisa Gotleib has a radio interview on “talking about election issues” in a way that is effective & connecting. She shares how non-violent communication can provide a bridge across divisions.
- Greg Crawford, Permaculture Teacher in Detroit is designing a refugee community in Portugal, a country that is taking in Syrian refugees. He is working with an organization – Tamera. Tamera’s New Online Course: Inhabiting the Earth in a New Way. Tamera Healing Biotope I – Portugal – Tamera’s New Online Course! The refugee project is also in collaboration with BluePrint Alliance !
- The Avalon Village is a sustainable eco-village being built in Highland Park, MI (inside the city of Detroit). We are transforming one of the city’s most blighted blocks into a safe, functional, and beautiful space for the entire community. Link shared by Karl & Gayin Kaufman MI Ecovillage.
- Tanya Meftah, past intern at Strawbale Studio, is under consideration to work as the Permaculture Consultant for one of the largest international schools in Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam. The idea is to help them implement their gardens on the new campus they are building and work to incorporate the gardens/general sustainability into the curriculum for the students. Its an amazing opportunity to make an impact! Hope it works out, Tanya!
- INSPIRATION: Integration of farming and public land and education. Rio Grande Farm. Link shared by an intern.
Build Bale-Cob in Vermont this summer?Consider volunteering to do natural building – on this off the grid 30 acres of land with streams woods, hills and camping…local food, raw milk, fresh cheese, chaga…click link above, search for VT. Mark Bowers 802-665-0075 / work: 802-422-3469 http://www.
Earth Environments ~ Bringing Spaces to Life ! Romeo-based Jason Arnott and others are seeking building projects, which will be filmed. Check out what they are up to.
Strawbale Building with lime plaster. Bee Rowan in Ireland video. Bee was recommended to me as an awesome lime plasterer.
“People are aware that they cannot continue in the same old way but are immobilized because they cannot imagine an alternative. We need a vision that recognizes that we are at one of the great turning points in human history when the survival of our planet and the restoration of our humanity require a great sea change in our ecological, economic, political, and spiritual values.” – Grace Lee Boggs
Hi from Deanne